In and Around Qatar

Nov 27 to 29, 2008 - Doha Players' The Wishing Well
Google

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Repair of Punctured Tires

When one of my tires got punctured, I was clueless how to get it fixed. In the Philippines, punctured tires are brought to a vulcanizing shop, which is not available in Qatar. My husband and my brother suggested to replace it with a new one but I was not convinced I need to buy a new one. I asked around what can be done - if my tires can still be fixed and where. I was told to go to the tire shops in Salwa Road and repair will only take ten minutes or so. But Salwa Road is out of my way so I kept delaying the repair plus I really want to go during my free time because even if the actual work is only 10 minutes, there might be a lot of customers in line for other services.

Then, I realized there's a tire shop near my place located beside Shop Rite Supermarket in Airport Rd. When I finally went there, the repair took less than ten minutes and I was charged only Qr 15. *Whew!* They removed the screw and injected a pugging material and it's done! To think, I've been procrastinating for weeks already!

So if ever your tires is punctured, just go to the nearest tire shop in your area!

No comments: