In and Around Qatar

Nov 27 to 29, 2008 - Doha Players' The Wishing Well
Google

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Atilla's Mongolian Grill

My husband seldom drive for me so when he offered this morning, I gladly accepted. I went to a local shop for a quick errand. After I doing my thing, my husband asked if I want to grab a bite. For a moment, we thought of a place which we haven't tried yet. It turned out we're both thinking of Villagio Mall. Sometime ago, we wanted to try the Mongolian Grill in their food court but unfortunately, they ran out of LPG on that day.

Off we went to Attilla's Mongolian Grill at the food court of Villagio Mall. We decided to order Mongolian Grill COMBO (Chicken, Meat, Seafood). The customers can create their own mix from four types of ingredients.

1. Seafood/Meat/Chicken
2. Vegetables
3. Noodles
4. Sauce

For each type, a bowl of specific size is filled with the selection of ingridients by the customers.

Attilla's Mongolian Grill

We also ordered Shrimp Tempura and California Maki. The Tempura and Mongolian Grill came with steamed white rice and we got a complimentary small cup of soda for each meal. The service was quick, as expected in any fast-food.

Frankly, I was a bit disappointed with the Mongolian Grill as it was too salty for my taste buds. I'm not sure if the mixture of different sauces affected the overall taste. The california maki had avocado instead of mango. Not bad, except the maki seemed dry. The tempura was okay. The shrimp was brined so it had the crunchy feel for every bite. However, the sauce I'm sure is not a tempura sauce. I think, it's just a plain soy sauce.

Overall, the experience is not that bad but I wouldn't rave about it either. I'm not sure I'd go back. For QR 110, I think I can prepare a really good home-made meal that can feed four to five people.

3 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

Sorry to know that you were a bit disappointed about the food.

I enjoy eating at our local Mongolian grill too.

DawnK said...

We have a Chinese restaurant that has a Mongolian grill. You get to pick your own ingredients. I thought it was rather tasty. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Nina said...

@ Rachel
Last time we went home, I tried the mongolian grill at the food court of Gate Way Mall in Cubao and it was good! There used to be a monggolian grill at Univesity Mall and I love it - I think it's eat all you can too!

@Dawn
The overall experience isn't that bad! I will probably give it one more try...