In and Around Qatar

Nov 27 to 29, 2008 - Doha Players' The Wishing Well
Google

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Online Payments for Traffic Violations

I wish I don't have to pay any traffic fines but having the option to pay online is a welcome development. It's not necessary anymore to go to the Traffic Department to pay for traffic fines.

How does it work? Simply visit the MOI website, and click the Traffic Violation button and then, Settlement of Fines. You will be asked to enter Qatar ID number or Vehicle License Plate or Establishment ID. The list of violations will show-up and there is option to choose which fines to pay (in case of multiple violations). Enter credit card details and the payment will be processed. Within seconds after payment, the violation records will be updated.

For the record, this is my first and so far my only traffic violation after more than three years of driving here. I am an obedient driver, I follow traffic rules, I don't drive beyond the speed limit and I always park my car in the proper parking area except on the day that I got a parking ticket. Such a bad day. It costed about US$55 although it is cheaper compared to speeding and beating the red light.

Check your traffic fine before leaving. Any person with unpaid traffic fine will not be allowed to exit the country unless the fine is settled. To avoid hassles at the airport, be sure to pay your traffic fine.


Related articles:

Passengers told to pay fine before flying

No comments: